Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Get in MY Belly: Crispy Lima Beans

We've made it halfway through the week, it's Wednesday and that means time for another food post! Today I am sharing with y'all either a good snack or side dish that's super easy!


Step 1: Gather all you ingredients together and preheat the oven to 400 degrees. I know it looks like a lot, but you really just need lima beans, little bit of oil, and some parmesan cheese. Then you can put in whatever spices you want! I forgot to include it in the picture, but I included some spicy seasoning because I am a lover of all things spicy!

Step 2: Put your frozen lima beans into a colander under cold water to rinse them off and defrost them just a bit.


Step 3: Place the lima beans  into a baking dish along with the oil, cheese, and your choice of spices. 


Step 4: Let them bake for about 15 mins or so. (If you would like your beans more crispy just leave them in a little longer)


Step 5: Let them sit for just about 3-5 mins and then it is time to enjoy! 

It's that simple! I first got the idea for this from here. The only problem was that I didn't have edamame in my freezer so I just used lima beans instead and then made a few other tweaks. Overall, it was pretty good, but next time I will just leave mine in for a few mins longer so they are more crispy. 

Thanks for reading!

~Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment