Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Get in MY Belly: Puffed Bluberry Angel Food Cake

Alright y'all, I back with another Wednesday 'Get in MY Belly' post. I have another quick and easy one for you today that needs only 2 ingredients. I found this little jem off Pinterest a few months ago and just haven't gotten around to making it. But boy was I glad I did!

step 1: start with preheating your oven to 350 degrees. gather one 21 ounce can of pie filling (you can use any flavor you choose, I just happened to get blueberry!) and one box of angel food cake mix.

step 2: pour the pie filling and the cake mix into a mixing bowl and stir until well mixed. (I just used my trusty spatula for this. This does take a little bit of time to make sure that all of the cake mix has been stirred into the pie filling, but when it is finished your mixture should be nice and fluffy--see below!)
Your mixture will double in size!
step 3: now it is time to pour all of the mixture into a greased (I just used a spray) 
9x13 pan and pop it right into the oven!

step 4: after about 28-30 minutes it is now time to take it out! you can see from the picture how much it puffed up!

of course now is the best part....it's time to eat! I let mine cool on the counter for about 15 minutes or so. (It also looked liked it needed a few more minutes of out of the oven cooking time to firm up in the middle.) I sadly  didn't have any in my freezer, but I think that some vanilla frozen yogurt would make this AMAZEballs! 

I hope y'all enjoy as much as me and the bf did! 
Thanks for reading!

~Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment